QuickBooks is the ideal business accounting software for small to mid-sized business owners. Here are 10 reasons why you should be using QuickBooks.
- You save time on bookkeeping and paperwork because many of the simple bookkeeping tasks are handled automatically by QuickBooks.
- You can easily generate reports with the information that you need. You will always know whether you are making money and if your business is healthy.
- You save money because QuickBooks is so affordable.
- Your business can grow with QuickBooks. QuickBooks can help you design a business plan to use when trying to secure a small business loan or line of credit or to plan for the future.
- You can customize QuickBooks to work the way you want. QuickBooks is specifically designed to be flexible and adaptable to a wide range of small businesses.
- You can rest assured knowing that QuickBooks is a stable, reliable and proven product. Hundreds of thousands of small businesses throughout the world have chosen QuickBooks as their accounting software.
- You save typing time and errors by sharing data between QuickBooks and over 100 business applications. You can even share data with programs like Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You will get paid faster with QuickBooks online payments. E-mail an invoice or statement and with QuickBooks Online Billing, your customer can easily pay you with a credit card or bank account transfer. No more waiting for checks in the mail!
- You can easily accept credit cards. With QuickBooks Merchant Account Service is the only credit card acceptance service integrated with QuickBooks software, which means you don't have to enter the same data twice.
- You can pay your bills and bank online. Setup your current bank account in QuickBooks and you're ready to pay your bills without licking envelopes, sticking stamps or printing paper checks. Online banking also lets you download your monthly statement from your participating bank directly into QuickBooks for easier reconciliation.
Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate.
All information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?
An expert can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial setup and installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting employees receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time - time taken away from managing your business. Here is a list of services that we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs
- Recommend software and hardware requirements
- Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date
- Loading your chart of accounts and balances as of that starting date
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable detail as of your starting date
- Entering your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks & deposits in transit as of your starting date
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into QuickBooks
- Train client or client staff on how to use the software to meet their accounting, management and tax needs
- Follow up on training to ensure the client is "on the right track"
- Monthly or quarterly review of your QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports